Sunday, January 29, 2012

Oops..

So, I started this blog over the summer after reading other awesome teacher blogs for months and months. I was feeling motivated and inspired to join this community of amazing math teachers by sharing what I'm doing in my classroom, and getting tips, tricks, and pointers from all the great teachers out there.

I had a lot of ambition, which is typical of me. I went into the school year at the beginning of August ready to document everything I was doing, take pictures of activities and materials to post here, and open up the comments to advice from my peers.

Life took over and none of it ever happened. I got too busy, too tired, too frazzled. I never quit reading others blogs though. I read them everyday and wait eagerly for new posts. I love the ideas I am able to "borrow".

So I've been thinking that it's not fair for me to read and borrow without contributing a little myself.  So, starting today, I am recommitting myself to blogging about what is going on in my classroom. Look for a post on my recent lesson covering 'Rate of Change', as well as pictures of the card sorting activity my students will do this week, and copies of the worksheets I created for my students to practice.

I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I am exactly the same way. I had high hopes, but barely get school stuff done.
    I do love your Rate of Change lesson though! I didn't see your worksheets that you used. Did I not look close enough? I'm still new to blogs. (but I love them!)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete